How to make Authentic Hot Dry Noodles-Wuhan Re Gan Mian
Wuhan hot dry noodles is called Wuhan Re gan mian(武汉热干面) and it’s a famous street food in Wuhan city.
Wuhan hot dry noodles is a delicious Chinese dish originating from the city of Wuhan in Hubei province, China. The dish consists of thin, flat noodles cooked in a spicy broth and then served with a variety of sauces and toppings. This dish has become popular across Asia and is now widely available in many Chinese restaurants throughout the world.
In this blog post, I will take you through the steps of making the dish and discuss some benefits of this popular Chinese dish. I’ll also share some tips on how to make the best of Wuhan hot dry noodles.
Table of Contents
What Are Wuhan Hot Dry Noodles?
Wuhan hot dry noodles (also known as “Hua Diao”) is a Chinese-style stir-fried noodle dish. The dish is made with wheat flour noodles that have been deep-fried, combined with thinly sliced pork, shredded cabbage, and bean sprouts, and tossed in a spicy Sichuan chili sauce. The noodles are served hot, garnished with spring onions, shredded carrots or bell peppers, or pickled vegetables.
The dish is believed to have originated during the mid-1800s, when the industrial city of Wuhan was subjected to a major drought. In order to make the most of their limited food supply, citizens developed a dish called “Hua Diao” – hot dry noodles.
Health Benefits Of Wuhan Hot Dry Noodles
Wuhan hot dry noodles are not just delicious, they are also packed with some incredible nutritional benefits. Here are some of the main health benefits of this dish:
1. High in Protein: Noodles are a great source of protein and provide 13g per serving. Protein helps to build muscle and helps to keep your metabolism going.
2. Low in Calories: This dish is low in calories, providing only 200-300 calories per serving. This makes it an ideal snack or light meal.
3. Rich in Vitamins and Minerals: The vegetables in the dish are a great source of essential vitamins and minerals, including calcium, potassium and iron.
4. Good for the Gut: The dish is made with wheat flour which is high in dietary fiber, providing the gut with beneficial bacteria that helps to keep it healthy.
5. Full of Taste and Flavour: The variety of sauces andToppings used in the dish provides a unique and delicious flavour that you’re sure to love.
How To Cook Wuhan Hot Dry Noodles?
Now let’s get to the good part – cooking the dish. Here are the steps you need to take to make a delicious Wuhan hot dry noodles meal:
-1 packet of flat dried noodles
-1 tablespoon of black vinegar
-3 tablespoons of light soy sauce
-1 teaspoon of sesame oil
-1 teaspoon of chili paste
-2 teaspoons of kosher or sea salt
-2 tablespoons of vegetable oil
-2 cloves of minced garlic
-1/4 cup of diced white onion
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil, and cook the noodles according to the package instructions.
2. Drain the cooked noodles and rinse with cool water. Set aside.
3. In a large pan, heat the vegetable oil over medium heat.
4. Add the garlic and onion and sauté for 1-2 minutes, until the garlic is lightly golden and the onion is softened.
5. Add the cooked noodles, and sauté for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
6. Turn the heat to high, and add the black vinegar, light soy sauce, sesame oil, chili paste, and salt. Stir to combine.
7. Cook for another 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly, until the noodles are evenly coated with the sauce.
Tips For Making The Best Wuhan Hot Dry Noodles
Now that you know how to cook this delicious dish, here are some tips for making sure your Wuhan hot dry noodles come out perfectly every time:
1. Use Good Quality Noodles: Using high quality noodles ensures that your dish will come out perfectly every time.
2. Adjust the Spiciness According To Your Taste: Wuhan hot dry noodles are traditionally quite spicy, so adjust the amount of chili pepper or other spices according to your personal taste.
3. Add More Vegetables: Adding more vegetables such as bell peppers, mushrooms, or bamboo shoots is a great way to increase the nutritional value of the dish.
4. Use Good Quality Sauces: Using good quality sauces such as soy sauce, oyster sauce, or hot bean sauce will ensure a delicious dish.
5. Experiment With Toppings: Toppings such as chopped cashews, peanuts, cilantro, or sesame seeds add flavor and texture to the dish.
Wuhan hot dry noodles is a popular Chinese dish with a delicious and distinct flavor. This dish is full of nutrition, packed with protein and vitamins and minerals, and low in calories. Plus, it’s easy to cook and can be ready in minutes. Hopefully, this blog post has given you an insight into the dish and helped you understand the steps to make it. For a delicious meal, get some ingredients and follow the steps above to make this popular Chinese dish in your own kitchen.